Monday, June 20, 2011

Treating Asthma With Essential Oils Part 2


Sorry this follow up post took so long, however I hope this information will still bless you. I started the alternate asthma treatments with the peppermint in his nebulous, but a god friend of mine, whose husband battles asthma helped me to see that in addition to opening up his airways I also needed to address the inflammation in his lungs. Most people with Asthma take some form of steroid to reduce lung inflammation which works, however it carries with it a very severe side effect. Steroids almost universally weaken your immune system So you will reduce the inflammation in your lungs, but you will make yourself more susceptible to any bacteria or virus going around which may trigger the asthma and you are stuck in a vicious circle of sickness.

To treat the inflammation of the lungs with essential oils, I use tumeric. Tumeric is a rather foul smelling oil, however it works wonderfully on my son I dilute it 50:50 with a carrier oil and apply it to both his chest and back over his lungs. I do this at the first sign of asthma. You can put it on as often as every 5 minutes for severe symptoms all the way up to every hour. You will have to gauge the spacing of applications based on severity of symptoms. There is no exact right answer, just see what works for your loved one.

There are some other oils you can use to combat asthma as a more day to day solution The oils Aspire and Breezey are both good oils for health of the respiratory system. You can rub them on the chest, or inhale them to help prevent symptoms. I have an inhaler that I bought from Butterfly xpress and inside is a cotton swab you soak in the oil of your choice. I soak the swab in Breezey and then keep it handy and my son loves to just smell it is as something fun do do This also helps keep his airways opened up and out of distress

It is also important for asthma sufferers to really focus on immune system health Work on figuring out food allergies and avoid those foods Also there are oils and herbs that will help strengthen your immune system. There are two things I believe about my son's asthma One is that it was caused by vaccinations. I urge anyone reading this article to really research the vaccination issue and make up their own mind Secondly I believe if I had stuck with the allopathic medicine's approach to treating asthma I would still be stuck in the cycle of sickness. It has been over a year since my son had any asthma symptoms at all. I am not sure that he is cured, however through diet, immune building and essential oils he is symptom free and we are not fearfully waiting for his next asthma attack.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've found your posts about using essential oils to treat asthma life-changing. About a year ago, my then 2 year old daughter was having an asthma flare and wasn't responding to her inhalers (which we had tried weaning her off of) and we thought we might have to take her to the ER. That's when I found "part 1" and started using your tips immediately which got her through her cold beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing.
    I'm now hoping to finally apply some things from part 2 and had some questions about the inhalers sold through butterfly miracles. What are they exactly, how do they work? Are they simply containers for pre-dipped cotton swabs that you inhale?
    Thanks and peace,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you nebulize turmeric oil??

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML