Friday, March 29, 2013

Frankincense for Your Eyes

I'm sure many of you are in the same aging boat that I am sailing in.  As I have gotten older my eyesight has declined.  Now I have great vision with no need for glasses, however I have noticed that some things just aren't as sharp as they used to be.  My husband on the other hand struggles with vision mostly due to his computer cubicle job.  That many hours staring at a computer
screen has caused him to need glasses and I can see the years tick by as he get thicker lenses.

To restore his vision he has tried several things:

1. Pinhole Glasses:  You may have seen these advertised on various health websites and we don't have enough data yet to determine if they are helping.  I will say he looks ridiculous when he wears them, like a giant fly really.  So the amount of time he is willing to subject himself to that level of humiliation isn't enough so far to see results (plus I won't let him leave the house with them on).

2.  See Clearly Method:  We received a set of DVDs from a friend that is a method for correcting eyesight based on the concept your eyes are muscles and if you "work them out" they will become stronger and you will see better.  Again this method was very entertaining.  Try looking as far right and left as you can without moving your lips as you do it.  Not easy, is it?  So again this method is very labor intensive.  You have to do these exercises often with the DVD and he had a hard time making the time commitment.

3.  Frankincense Essential Oil:   After I read about the benefits of Frankincense on eyesight he decided to give it a try.  He puts 1-2 drops of Frankincense in his hand with no carrier oil and then he rubs his index finger in the oil and rubs it onto each of his temples.  He says that the frankincense provides greater clarity to his vision and brings everything into greater focus.  He is able to read without his glasses and will set them down and not notice they are off.  The effects last about a day so he applies it every morning.


Now vision problems vary in type and severity.  My husband's mostly deal with blurriness when reading or working on the computer.  However Frankincense has so many different uses and it is beneficial to the brain so it won't hurt to give it a try for your vision and see what it can do for you.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this! I've been wearing glasses since JR. High, but probably needed them longer than that! In my case it is hereditary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this also! I am near-sighted and have been wearing glasses since the 5th grade. I've got a 7 yr old who is wearing them now. It'd be nice if he didn't have to wear them all the time. It's definitely worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid article!
    I was working as a secretary and facing a computer all day… I will surely try this.
    Love,
    Alva@ Massage Watford

    ReplyDelete
  4. What type of frankincense is best to use for vision improvement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doterra one. I use these oils and im their rep. Feel free to contact me if you like.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this. I looked up essential oils for eye health and got almost exclusively wrinkles and bags. So this was exactly what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML